It has come to your attention that you can’t seem to access Alibaba.com. Internet filtering in a country or organization is one of the most common causes of such issues. You should keep in mind that there is a way to overcome this obstacle. Whether you are looking to access the Alibaba website to conduct market research or simply bypass geo-blocking, Alibaba proxies can help.
About the Alibaba Group
Founded in 1999, the Alibaba Group was the brainchild of an 18-member team that was led by Jack Ma. He was a former English teacher from Hangzhou, China. Alibaba’s mission is to enable businesses to improve the way they approached B2C and B2B markets, i.e. to sell, to operate, and to market. Through Alibaba Group’s platform, merchants all over the world can leverage their marketing reach and technology infrastructure to target their customers and supplies in a more efficient way.
Today, the Alibaba Group comprises a wide range of innovation, entertainment, digital media, cloud computing, and core commerce initiatives. The organization has successfully developed a thriving e-commerce ecosystem that consists of strategic alliance partners, third-party service providers, businesses, retailers, brands, merchants, and consumers.
What Happens If You Scrape Alibaba Pages Without Proxies?
Without the implementation of reliable proxies, it is a surefire way to get blacklisted or banned from Alibaba.com. You should keep in mind that web scraping is a task that should be performed responsibly. If you utilize bad scraping practices, it can cause a detrimental effect on the sites being scraped, i.e. affect their site’s performance. In order to prevent this from happening, these websites have security measures in place to block scraping. After all, scrapers do not contribute to driving human website traffic.
You know you are blocked on a certain website when you encounter the following signs, errors, or messages:
- Content delivery delays
- CAPTCHA pages
- 503 Service Unavailable error
- 408 Request Timeout error
- 403 Forbidden error
- 301 Moved Temporarily error
- 429 Too Many Requests error
- … and more.
With that in mind, private proxies allow you to anonymously scrape data from Alibaba’s website. Even with proxies, it is a sound idea to avoid making continuous page requests to Alibaba’s servers for long durations.
How To Set Up Your Alibaba Proxies
Before you can start accessing and scraping Alibaba through your proxy server, here’s how to set up Alibaba proxies:
- Step 1: Visit Proxy Key and choose U.S. when you are asked to choose a place.
- Step 2: Pick a plan (you can go with the 1 Proxy plan) and sign up.
- Step 3: After you have signed up, details of your proxy will be sent to you.
- Step 4: Copy and paste the given IP address and the port number into your proxy settings.
- Step 5: If you are unsure, you can refer to this tutorial on how to enter the settings.
- Step 6: Once your proxy is all set up, visit com and do what you got to do – start scraping the data you need with exceptional ease!